Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#72339 - 12/05/02 12:58 PM Moving to Madrid in January???
Candela Offline

Loc: MADRID!!!!!
Hey! I noticed quite a few folks mentioning that they were moving to Madrid in or near January 2003--I am one of them...January 6th, just over a month away!!!

Would any of you soon to be Madrid expats be interested in hooking up once there? Maybe starting a little regular meeting thing to explore the city as well as explore our expat issues. I did live in Madrid before and the first four months or so after moving were really hard--struggling with the language, the culture, finding work, dealing with roommates, Telefonica nightmares, knowing few people, plain ole missing home, and wondering if I had crossed over into insanity when I made the move.

Of course, now I am doing it all again and this time I think it would be great to get together with others going through the same thing.

Let me know if you are interested by posting here.

Candela

#72340 - 12/13/02 06:36 AM Re: Moving to Madrid in January???
Pablete Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi Candela,
I´m Pablo and I live in madrid, I'd be delighted to meet with you and other people arriving on that date to do some fun plans, explore the city....write me an e-mail and we'll get in touch
See you soon!

#72341 - 01/26/03 11:37 AM Re: Moving to Madrid in January???
Candela Offline

Loc: MADRID!!!!!
Hey MadridMan'ers.
I've been in Madrid three weeks now and it is great. If anyone is still waffling over whether to move here and would like a completely biased Madrid cheerleader to tell you the thousand reasons why you should, well,here I am. laugh

In other news, I am going ahead with the expat get together thing. The first one is February 6th at Cafe Comercial, at 8pm. It is at Metro Bilbao. Email me at candyleelaballe@yahoo.com, though because I am still three weeks later waiting for my ADSL hookup,it might be better to call. My movil is 610 064 964. Hope to see you there.
Cheers,
Candela

#72342 - 01/29/03 09:06 AM Re: Moving to Madrid in January???
MAD for Madrid Offline

I'm definately interested in any expat events or gettogethers. Sadly, I'll be back in the USA for business for this first one, but hope to hear of more!

Have fun.

#72343 - 02/11/03 11:37 AM Re: Moving to Madrid in January???
MAD for Madrid Offline

How was the get-together??? I'm so sorry frown I missed it but had a great time smile in Miami and NYC. Spoke so much Spanish in Miami that I felt like I hadn't even left Spain (but for the difference in accents).

Let's organise another one soon!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments