Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#71484 - 04/08/02 12:06 PM friends in madrid?!
Shawna Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain (originally from...
I'm new to the Madrid Man page, and unfortunately it looks like I missed a good party the other night.

I am a normal 25 year old woman, originally from San Francisco, CA who is now living and working in Madrid. For some reason it seems to be quite difficult to break into the Spanish social scene and meet people here. So basically I am looking to meet people, men and women, around my age to hang out, go out on the town from time to time and enjoy this amazing city!!

Please feel free to respond to my post or email me at smwrulz@yahoo.com if you are interested. Tambien hablo espanol, por si a caso prefieres no hablar en ingles.

Un saludo.
Shawna laugh

#71485 - 04/08/02 01:48 PM Re: friends in madrid?!
wyndyl Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Hey, Shawna smile

You should be able to meet new people in no time wink The people on this board are great and if you haven't noticed, I'm addicted to it...

Try chatting with us sometime...Maybe we can try to organize a post MM(MadridMan) get together for the Madrilenos and Madrinelas who missed the April 4th party... confused I'm visiting Madrid for a few days in May...

Buena Suerte,

Wyndy laugh

#71486 - 04/08/02 03:05 PM Re: friends in madrid?!
LostInMadrid Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Hey!

I just got in touch with Shawna and her and I and my wife Ana are going to meet tomorrow, anyone else in for a cafe con leche?

-Russ

#71487 - 04/16/02 05:21 PM Re: friends in madrid?!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
LiM, did you meet with Shawna? How did it go?
Shawna, try to join one of the Message Board Members gatherings which take place from time to time. There are always Spaniards which attend and you only have to make friends with ONE and through them you'll meet more and more and more until BAM! You're on the phone every night with them, meeting for coffee, and there you go. You're IN! Hope all goes well. Enjoy your time in Spain!

And what happened to the Women's Message Board Club in Madrid? Have there been subsequent gatherings?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#71488 - 04/16/02 05:27 PM Re: friends in madrid?!
wyndyl Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Shawna,

I also want to add that a bunch of us are going to get together the first weekend of May...4th or 5th not sure yet...

Wyndyl laugh

#71489 - 04/17/02 09:21 AM Re: friends in madrid?!
Shawna Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain (originally from...
Wyndyl & MM thanks for the kind words. I will look into the group you mentioned MM and see what comes of it. I'm still trying to decide if I'll leave town for the weekend of the 4th May (Puente de Mayo). But if I am around, I would love to meet up with you guys.

As for my meeting up with Russ and Ana, I must apologize, I was a bit of a flake. Hopefully we can reschedule sometime soon.

In case you have any last minute group gatherings or whatnot, drop me a line - I check my email all too frenquently! smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments