Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#59316 - 01/26/01 08:39 AM Stranger in a Strange Land (Madrid)
alexstudd Offline

Loc: Madrid
Just landed here in Madrid where i will be working for about 3 months. I fell in love with the city virtually immediately but i do find myself a little alone. I speak little Spanish (I am taking lessons) Just really wondered whether anyone would like to chat, meet or give me advice (constructive or otherwise) No sure what kind of response to expect but i guess thats half the fun.

My info
Male, 28, single, likes Techno, Jazz, Drum and Bass, Food, Drink, "chocolate" good company, good films and new experiences.

#59317 - 01/26/01 08:41 AM Re: Stranger in a Strange Land (Madrid)
alexstudd Offline

Sorry nearly forgot, i'd love to know if there is anywhere here in Madrid where i can see English Football.

#59318 - 01/28/01 03:21 AM Re: Stranger in a Strange Land (Madrid)
nevado Offline

You can go to The Quiet Man to watch English football. It's on Valverde between Gran Vía and Tribunal.

#59319 - 01/28/01 04:31 AM Re: Stranger in a Strange Land (Madrid)
juniperchick Offline

Loc: Singapore
You might want to try Andres from Walks of Madrid . Join his tour and you'll meet some people, mostly foreigners but he brings some friends along occasionally. It'll be a good and friendly place to start.

Good luck to you!

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 01-28-2001).]

#59320 - 01/30/01 08:25 PM Re: Stranger in a Strange Land (Madrid)
Tracy Moral Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Canal Plus (paid programming) has English football (is that British or American futbol, soccer or football???)
Oh! dice, mi esposo...The Quiet Man! echo de menos ese sitio!!!

Tracy

Also...for meeting people, pick up a copy of InMadrid English language magazine, or the BroadSheet. They both have an excellent classifieds section for Spaniards wanting to meet English speakers, English/Americans meeting and learning Spanish etc. Check it out!

#59321 - 02/17/01 06:44 PM Re: Stranger in a Strange Land (Madrid)
Nativo Offline

The suggestion about inmadrid is very good, there will be lots of people willing to exchange.

If you haven't gotten any copy of inmadrid yet, there was always a pile of them in the Pasajes bookstore in Genova street. By the way since it will not harm me to practise some english, drop me a line if you are interested in checking some of the bars while talking in english &spanish.

I fully agree, inmadrid should give you the contacts of a lot of spaniards willing to exchange english conversation for spanish, by the way, it would not harm me to speak a little in english, if you are interested in checking out osme bars while talking in english drop me a line.

I bet that by now you are the king of the city, anyway if you want to go check some bars in Madrid drop me a line.

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 02-19-2001).]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments