Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#58160 - 10/31/00 10:20 AM Recent Killings
rhonda Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
I was surprised that no one has mentioned the lasting bombing in Madrid, that has left 3 people dead, and one person fighting for his life(even if he survives will lose a lot of his capabilities)...AND an 11 year old girl badly injured.
So what do you all think?
Do you think it deters tourists from coming to Madrid? Do you think the government ought to do something more? If so, what? I'm interested in the media coverage in North America(if there is any)?! I have read about it in online newspapers, but unfortunately i have no english channels.
So... i would like to hear what people across the ocean are saying...and people anywhere else tambien...
Saludos,
Rhonda

#58161 - 10/31/00 10:52 AM Re: Recent Killings
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Rhonda-
Check the heading labeled "Safety and Security Issues", and the subheading labeled "ETA". There's a nice little discussion already in progress there. We'd be interested in what you have to add!

#58162 - 10/31/00 11:53 AM Re: Recent Killings
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
As CaliBasco said - there is a thread going on this under Safety & Security. For additional news - go to front page of this site and check the on-line papers in both English and Spanish. Also, try Yahoo then request Spain news. If you have a problem with getting the Yahoo links come back and tell me - I can send you the link

[This message has been edited by Puna (edited 10-31-2000).]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments