have too. You can read more about her at
her site www.christinaguilera.com and if you want to see her video check it
out here. http://www.rinconlatino.com/content/esNT00002006.html Thanks for
listening, now go check her out!

#57778 - 09/14/00 07:58 PM Re: Christina Aguilera
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Where is Cristina from? Or...where are her parents from? Okay, where are her ancestors from?? Was it Shakira or Cristina who was from Colombia? I don't recall. Anyway, I thought it was interesting what QuePasa.com wrote:

Quote:
Perhaps the most intriguing aspect of the telecast was hearing the performers bounce between languages. Winner Juan Luis Guerra began speaking in accented English before moving to pure Spanish without even seeming to realize it. Shakira’s English was impressively smooth, meaning her crossover potential is enormous. Latina Christina Aguilera’s performances of “Contigo en La Distancia” and “Genio Atrapado” were marred by her labored Spanish;

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#57779 - 09/15/00 11:12 AM Re: Christina Aguilera
Jen Offline

Loc: Chicago
Although not a fan, I do believe that her relatives are from Ecuador.

#57780 - 09/15/00 06:40 PM Re: Christina Aguilera
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Cristina Aguilera's father is from Ecuador. However, she can't speak Spanish at all. The only reason why she has a new album in Spanish is because there are lots of Spanish speakers who will be willing to buy it.

I don't understand why some Spanish speakers who live in the US don't teach their sons / daughters Spanish. Don't you think it would be great if you children could speak both English and Spanish?.

Regards,

Antonio

#57781 - 09/15/00 07:17 PM Re: Christina Aguilera
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
the reason why many parents didn't teach their kids spanish and why some still don't is because of the descrimination against the hispanics a long time ago. People that came to this country wanted their kids to speak english so they wouldn't be discriminated against and to be american, so they would often give them american first names and not teach them spanish. That was the majority of the reason of why many young adults whose parents are from another country don't speak spanish, supposedly so they wouldn't receive the same discrimination their parents did and so they wouldn't have an accent.

#57782 - 09/16/00 08:20 PM Re: Christina Aguilera
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
I think that spanish is the most beautiful language in the world, and I'm sure most of you will agree with me. Nothing sounds better than hearing my fiancee say,"Te amo". When we have kids, which, won't be anytime in the near future, I'll speak to them in english and she will speak to them in spanish...what a shame it would be if they didn't learn the most beautiful language in the world.

#57783 - 09/17/00 11:06 PM Re: Christina Aguilera
Wendy E Offline

Cristina Aguilera's parents divorced when she was very young and she was reared by her mother, a Yankee, in Pittsburgh. She didn't really have an opportunity to learn Spanish.

Other 'cross-overs':

Selena didn't speak any Spanish either, but had she not made albums in Spanish she certainly wouldn't have become as famous as she did, since she didn't get anywhere with her intial foray into American pop.

Linda Rondstat - she has a beautiful voice for mariachi, but a few Spanish lessons wouldn't hurt.

And Shakira is from Colombia, but her father is arabe.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 800 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments