Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#89937 - 08/19/11 09:25 AM customs clearing in Valencia
revhefty Offline

Loc: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
We finally did it, have taken a year out to go to Valencia to paint and make art with my wife and daughter. I have a container of household goods and art supplies coming into the port of Valencia but I can't find a clearing agent and delivery. What am I up against? Should I rent a van and unload at dock myself? How does this all work? I am flying mid September. Thanks nfor all the help.

#89942 - 08/23/11 06:19 AM Re: customs clearing in Valencia [Re: revhefty]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Do you speak Spanish ? or Valenciano ? .. If so , try searching the internet under " Mudanzas Valencia " . There are plenty of listings ( Mudanza = house moving ) . I used a service in Madrid to send the contents of my apartment to England .. they are allied to a UK but international organisation called Pickfords . The Spanish operation was highly professional and efficient . I can't recommend any of the companies in Valencia but it would be worth sending out a couple of e-mails . If you don't speak Spanish , send the e-mail in English and see if you get a reply anyway .. Just keep the language concise and simple . It would be cheaper to hire a van but , man , that would be back-breaking work to offload the container yourself !

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 712 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments