Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#88717 - 12/01/10 12:08 PM 2010 December/Holiday Plans?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
What do you all have planned for the month of December? Traveling? Visiting Family? Shopping-'til-you-drop? Eating/Drinking too much? Pre-emptive Exercising

I'll be doing all of the above, no doubt.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#88719 - 12/01/10 07:38 PM Re: 2010 December/Holiday Plans? [Re: MadridMan]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Off to England .. flight to London on the 16th ( December ) then a train journey to my mumīs house in rural Sussex .. by the south coast ... theyīve had some heavy snow so it could be a rocky ride ,

#88720 - 12/02/10 12:39 AM Re: 2010 December/Holiday Plans? [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
How 'bout Christmas gift shopping, Steve? Will you wait to do it in England or will you haul gifts from Spain?

I'm very happy to have a "buffer" for gift-buying in Spain, since Epiphany isn't until the 6th of January. Haven't done any yet, of course.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#88721 - 12/02/10 02:51 AM Re: 2010 December/Holiday Plans? [Re: MadridMan]
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
Works do on the 11th very boozy, my sister comes from Australia on the 18th, not seen her for 16yrs, christmas dineer on christmas eve at my mother in laws, christmas dinner at my mums christmas day, chill for a few days, then Malaga for 6 days, to go to Grenada and Seville where ive always wanted to visit, then back to work,oh my wife does all the christmas shopping. Happy Days.
Merry Christmas everybody

#88722 - 12/02/10 08:42 AM Re: 2010 December/Holiday Plans? [Re: billy the man]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
I plan to enjoy the month of December and not get all frantic and panicky. My husband does the shopping, which causes me the most grief. School lets out on the 18th, so it will be nice to have a break to visit family. We are hosting my husband's side of the family that weekend, so with 8 kids in the house, it will be lively. I want to be intentional about savoring those quiet moments, like listening to favorite Christmas music, reflecting on the blessings of the year, and basking in the glow of the Christmas tree lights.

#88723 - 12/02/10 09:00 AM Re: 2010 December/Holiday Plans? [Re: teachertraveler8]
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
Since we moved to Utah, the kids get ski passes, so that meks that part of the gift giving easy. Everything else, we have to mail, so that should be done son. The tree will go up about a week before Christmas and the lights will be put on, but we will decorate the tree when Juliana is home. That is the nerve wracking part, she leaves Madrid late this year, the 22nd. Last year, it took her 4 days to get home, so that had better not happen this year, or she will be having Christmas at the Philadelphia airport!

#88725 - 12/03/10 06:43 AM Re: 2010 December/Holiday Plans? [Re: jacmom]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I buy a Iberian ham from acorn fed pigs with the prize christmas lottery......I hope!!!! xfingers

#88726 - 12/03/10 08:57 AM Re: 2010 December/Holiday Plans? [Re: jazz]
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
I've heard about the Christmas lottery. Tell me more, where to get the tickets, how much etc? Can a student on a visa buy one? Could be her ticket for staying longer . .

#88727 - 12/03/10 09:44 AM Re: 2010 December/Holiday Plans? [Re: jacmom]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Jacmom ... last year I got diverted to a city in South West England .. London was closed ! Now I just spoke to an old school friend and he tells me the snow in England is really heavy . All trains have stopped , and my airport in London was closed for 2 days . I just hope that things get better .
The christmas lottery is famous here with huge queues to buy a ticket in the centre of town . Itīs called "El Gordo " ..Anybody can buy a ticket as far as I know .
MM .. because the kids will stay in Russia we decided on no gifts this year . Weīve done that before and itīs refreshing . I get to enjoy the company of my mum and aunts and uncles .. good food , good wine etc.. thatīs all I need . None of us really need anything ( well maybe a job ! ) . HOWEVER , my mum has been so good to me recently and that after my dadīs death , that I do want to get something for her from Spain . Iīm wracking my brains as to what I can buy .

#88728 - 12/03/10 02:01 PM Re: 2010 December/Holiday Plans? [Re: steve robinson]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Billy .. thatīs wonderful that youīll see you sister after so long ! I have relatives in NSW and South Australia . Some years ago we celebrated my grandmotherīs 80th birtday . She died aged 87 . Her daughter ( my aunt ) came over with my uncle . The first time iīd met them .. and yet it was as easy as could be . My mumīs sister was great . I got a photo of my grandmother with all her children ... something iīll cherish . Where in Oz are your family coming from ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments