MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#58456 - 11/29/00 12:39 PM Morning Board
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
I just needed to say how much I LOVE coming in to work in the morning and seeing all those little light bulbs lit up. It just makes me so happy! What a great way to start the day!

I used to feel guilty about being on this thing at work all the time, until I realized most of you are doing the same thing. Weekend board is pretty quiet.

#58457 - 11/29/00 01:21 PM Re: Morning Board
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I agree 100%, Nicole! I often leave late for work because I can't tear myself away from reading the postings while I was asleep. And yes, it seems about 90% of us are from the USA from my HITS statistics. The majority are on west coast time, almost as many on the east coast, then Central Time zone, almost NONE in Mountain Time, then finally from western Europe.

The MOST active hours of the day are from 8am-5pm Eastern Time, with a BIG BOOST of hits during the 11-1pm lunch hours, a drop at 5pm (commuting home, no doubt), then it goes back up at around 7pm until 10pm and then drops considerably.

It's really interesting/satisfying to see the number of hits increasing by about 30% monthly. The number of hits really dropped from last week's Thanksgiving Day through Sunday and then Monday and Tuesday EXPLODED with all those vacationers returning to their jobs and homes. I love checking in at the end (well, all day long actually) of the day, around midnight, and see at least one posting in all English-language forums. This has only happened a few times, but seeing all forums with posting from that day's date is very satisfying.

Nicole, don't let your boss/coworkers catch you on MadridMan's Spain Message Board! He/She might want to join in the fun! hehehe..

I know I've said this many times before, but I'm more fulfilled, more satisfied with MadridMan's Spain Message Board than MadridMan's Yankee Home Page as a whole! You people have become like family to me, knowing all your usernames, knowing your views on certain issues, knowing your experiences in Spain all help me/us to become closer. I was so happy to read New User alicetruck's posting in the "Hostels & Other Lodgings" forum today which read:
Quote:
I was filled with joy when I cam across this site ... so many great places to stay in Madrid. The postings are so courteous and helpful .. it is fantastic to see such the internet being used so positively.
She's SO right!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#58458 - 11/29/00 02:01 PM Re: Morning Board
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
'Fess up - every morning I open "our" message board way before I look at work emails and check voice mails. All those lights can just keep blinking 'til I get through the really important light bulbs.

What did we ever do - who did we talk to that really understood (i.e. no glazed-over eyes) before we found MM. Don't you ever quit - unless, of course, it's to move to Madrid - especially if it's with your special lady friend.

Thank you for creating, maintaining and hosting what I refer to as "my lifeline to sanity"

#58459 - 11/29/00 02:16 PM Re: Morning Board
mclarke Offline

Loc: Arlington, VA
I, too open MM's board before I begin work in the morning. It is very refreshing to read all comments from different topics. What I found very admirable is how members of this board can engage on sensitive discussions and still be polite to each other. This board has expanded my knowledge on topics ("Blacks in Spain, ETA)that I would not have otherwise encounter.
This board is so educational and informative.

Nicole
Because of this board, I surprised my daughter of my so-called knowledge on Spain. When I visit Spain next month, all the information about Spain makes feel that I have been to Spain.

[This message has been edited by mclarke (edited 11-29-2000).]

#58460 - 11/29/00 02:16 PM Re: Morning Board
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Oh yeah. I am not going to lie. First thing, a cup of strong coffe and the mornings posts - forget wrok. I can't concentrate until I have satified my Spain addiction.

I also weirdly, and genuinely, feel really affectionate towards everyone on the board. it is an amzing forum. I was looking at the Lonely Planet's Thorn Tree and feeling irritated by all the juvenile comments the participants seem to make.

I love the sincerity in the responses on this board, and the true exchange of knowledge. With everyone's input on things to do, see and eat, my next trip to Sapin will be incredible!

And we get to marinate in our nostalgia together. Helps the ache a little bit (makes it worse sometime too, but somehow that's okay).

P.S. Mclarke, I have also really enjoyed those discussions. I thik it is awsome to be able to have civilized, educating discussion about sensitive issues like that. The more I travel , the more I see how connected those issues are- no matter which particular goup you are dicussing. I was just telling someone the other day, that it has helped me learn to discuss polemic topics in a healthier way. I have learned alot through the ETA thread.

[This message has been edited by Nicole (edited 11-29-2000).]

#58461 - 11/29/00 02:22 PM Re: Morning Board
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
No need to worry, Puna. Even if I DO go to Madrid this board will continue and would probably even GROW with all the firsthand, everyday tidbits I could add for ALL to enjoy. PLUS, I have a "parachute" for MadridMan's Yankee Home Page should I walk in front of a bus someday. Heaven forbid! The website and message board will live on forever!!!

Saludos, MadridMan

P.S. no glazed-over eyes in this group, Puna. WE understand.

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 11-29-2000).]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#58462 - 11/29/00 02:42 PM Re: Morning Board
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
I'm on the board at work and at home; at least at work when students walk into my office and see all that red and yellow, they can think i'm doing research on spain, hehehehhe! At home i have NO GRAPHICS so i see it as text only! And i, too, feel part of this crazy familia of Spain-addicts. I like helping others with something i might know, and learning new things from you all. This really is a unique board! and now that the offensive MartyMoose has seemed to moose on out... OH NO!! hope he's not reading this!!

#58463 - 11/29/00 06:06 PM Re: Morning Board
Leche Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
I too love the board and keep it up from 8am till 5pm MOUNTAIN time. yes, I'll represent for the northwesterner Spanophiles. Seems most other folks are east/west (especially) coasters.

does everyone here have computer jobs?

Leche

#58464 - 11/29/00 06:10 PM Re: Morning Board
alejandro Offline

Loc: Texas
I don't have a computer job and wish my job permitted me to check the board more frequently. But I will happily represent the southernmost part of the Central time zone whenever I can!

[This message has been edited by alejandro (edited 11-29-2000).]

#58465 - 11/29/00 07:09 PM Re: Morning Board
DavidB Offline

Loc: Adelaide, SA, Australia
Hi all

I agree with every-one.

After arriving at work and making my coffee, the next thing I do is open MadridMan and check on the postings. After that it's Fodors and then Eurotrip. But MM comes first.

I have, along with every-one else on this board, a love affair with Madrid and Spain and can't wait to get back there again. And this is from some-one who, ubtil 12 months ago didn't have any interest at all in going to Spain. A friend of mine married a Spanish Lady and is now living in Madrid, and wife and I were invited to the Wedding. We now talk constantly about our time in Spain and where we will be going to on our next trip.

For me, I catch most of the postings in the morning as they are being posted in the USA in the evening due to the time difference between USA and Australia. But it makes no difference at all.

I work in the Computer Industry - I manage a Computer Network Management Company (not mine unfortunately) so I have a permanent link to the Internet. Plus being in charge allows me a few little "Luxuries" such as getting onto MM when-ever I want to.

Finally, MM's site help me extensively with planning our first visit to Spain and is assisting again.

Keep up the good work every-one.

Gracias

David

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments