Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#61348 - 01/30/02 04:54 PM soy de
chuck Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
about an hour outside of philadelphia, pa. but in my mind i'm in spain--i live in a small town called Wagontown near Coatesville

#61349 - 01/30/02 07:19 PM Re: soy de
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
My daughter lives in Honey Creek (also lots of Amish around there). I am a New York City native and my wife is Madrileña; but we presently reside in Philadelphia. rolleyes

#61350 - 01/31/02 01:17 AM Re: soy de
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I think that there was already a thread dealing with this topic.

Anyway, there are plenty of us here from the Philadelphia region, which is curious since no one here in Spain seems to know Philadelphia until I say "como el queso blanco" or "cheesesteak".

My parents live in Radnor Township (yes Diana, I was a suburban brat, but by no means spoiled or overprotected. Does wrong side of the tracks sound familiar? smile )

As a "young" adult (read: single woman) I preferred to free range it in the city with Old City being my social place of choice!

:-) Hey Eddie, my husband is Madrileño. wink

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: Chica ]

#61351 - 01/31/02 05:33 AM Re: soy de
hombre_gizon Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hey!.

I'm from Spain and I've heard of Philadelphia wink
There's a great movie starring Antonio Banderas, Tom Hanks and , Denzel Washington (our actor on the first position laugh )

Bye!

#61352 - 01/31/02 09:14 AM Re: soy de
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
hombre_gizon writes:
Quote:
I'm from Spain and I've heard of Philadelphia
There's a great movie starring Antonio Banderas, Tom Hanks and , Denzel Washington (our actor on the first position

I, for one, don't think very highly of Antonio Banderas (as an actor). :p
Have you heard of Bruce Willis (Sixth Sense and Twelve Monkeys - filmed in Philadelphia, both of them); or Harrison Ford ('Witness,' in Spain: 'Testigo Unico,' which has great shots of Philadelphia's 30th Street Station and Lancaster County)? There's another film called 'Unbreakable,' which I haven't gotten around to seeing yet. Philadelphia is a very photogenic city! cool

Chica writes:
Quote:
... there are plenty of us here from the Philadelphia region, which is curious since no one here in Spain seems to know Philadelphia

I usually tell them we're halfway between New York and Washington, D.C. rolleyes They may not know where it is but many of my wife's relatives don't seem to have had any problem finding their way here. A couple of times I drove up to Newark (once to JFK) to pick them up; but now the young ones usually find their own way here.
Quote:
As a "young" adult (read: single woman) I preferred to free range it in the city with Old City being my social place of choice!

Shouldn't that be 'Olde City?' I used to work for a Travel Agency at the Society Hill Towers. You may know it: Travel Anywhere, on St. James Place. You should especially have enjoyed the photography and scenes in 'Sixth Sense.' I'll swear that the Church entrance just above Third & Locust is one seen in that movie. rolleyes

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: Eddie ]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments