Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#57916 - 10/05/00 11:18 AM Where's "My Madrid 00" today?
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
MM's journal has turned into a 404 (file not found)... I hope MM is just uploading a new version as we speak! Inquiring minds want to know what was for lunch today!! and other interesting details...

#57917 - 10/05/00 12:00 PM Re: Where's "My Madrid 00" today?
Leche Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
I was wondering this as well. All during the second half of yesterday the page would only load halfway and they stop, cutting off parts of the journal that I knew were there because I had previously read them.

Leche

#57918 - 10/05/00 01:03 PM Re: Where's "My Madrid 00" today?
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
And I thought I was having server problems!
Amazing how much we all seem to be looking forward to MM's daily postings. Could this have something to do with the phone/internet problem he mentioned in earlier emails?

#57919 - 10/05/00 01:15 PM Re: Where's "My Madrid 00" today?
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
MM, I need my daily dose! Your trip began on October 2, mine concluded on October 2, so in many ways I am vicariously extending my stay in Madrid. I am having withdrawls, report soon or I will have to enter a 12 step program for Iberophiles.

Suffering in Los Angeles,

Shawn

#57920 - 10/05/00 01:32 PM Re: Where's "My Madrid 00" today?
Jen Offline

Loc: Chicago
¿Dónde esta nuestro MM?

#57921 - 10/05/00 01:35 PM Re: Where's "My Madrid 00" today?
Leche Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
BTW, why did he wait till OCTUBRE to go to Madrid? It's getting cold there! Why not June or July? Of course, everyone is dealing with work constraints, ect though.

Leche

#57922 - 10/05/00 02:12 PM Re: Where's "My Madrid 00" today?
Jen Offline

Loc: Chicago
I only wish I could go in octubre! Unfortunately, I must go onver x-mas, Semana Santa or over summer when all the masses go. if only I were so lucky to be able to go off season!

#57923 - 10/05/00 06:12 PM Re: Where's "My Madrid 00" today?
Roger Offline

Loc: Madrid
Met MM for lunch today and told him about his page not loading. Apparently he was working for around 2 hours last night on a 14.4Kbps modem connection to upload the page. He thought it had uploaded OK, but it looks like the slow connection has spoilt his plans. I'm sure he'll soon have the journal up there again.

Roger.

------------------
http://GoMadrid.com for museums, hotels, monuments and much more.

#57924 - 10/05/00 06:31 PM Re: Where's "My Madrid 00" today?
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Roger, where did you and MM have lunch and what did you eat? Since we have no direct word from MM's journal, you'll have to fill us in...

#57925 - 10/05/00 06:43 PM Re: Where's "My Madrid 00" today?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here I sit, all broken hearted, I tried to upload, but found I couldn´t get started (without a friggin´ floppy disk drive). Here I am at the wondrous EasyEverything just off the Puerta del Sol, floppy disk in pocket, ONLY to find these are internet terminals only, no computer, just flat screen monitors, keyboard, and mouse and no PC.

So sorry, folks. I was sad to hear this afternoon from Roger that the page didn´t upload. I WAS happy to see that that page is getting around 150 hits per day, but guess how many I got today. ONE!! ARGH!!!! And I think that was mine as a test, but the page only loaded from cache and not an actual load. As Roger said, I was working with a 14.4 modem connection and it never did fully upload. I spent 2 hours last night trying and quite at about 2am. I was/am so frustrated, de verdad. I´ll have to find the cybercafe tomorrow morning from which I initially uploaded the page. ARGH!!!! SO ANGRY!! I promise you all that by the time you wake up in the morning that you´ll have TWO new entries waiting. ARGH!!! Sorry sorry everyone. And to think many Spanish classes around (mainly the US) the world are getting that darned 404 PAGE NOT FOUND. What can I say. At least I´m here, just after midnight off the Puerta del Sol, typing to you during 1 hour 35 minutes of connection for ONLY 200 pesetas!! MAN, that´s cheap! Too bad they don´t have a floppy drive. More in the other thread...

Sadly, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments