Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#89937 - 08/19/11 09:25 AM customs clearing in Valencia
revhefty Offline

Loc: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
We finally did it, have taken a year out to go to Valencia to paint and make art with my wife and daughter. I have a container of household goods and art supplies coming into the port of Valencia but I can't find a clearing agent and delivery. What am I up against? Should I rent a van and unload at dock myself? How does this all work? I am flying mid September. Thanks nfor all the help.

#89942 - 08/23/11 06:19 AM Re: customs clearing in Valencia [Re: revhefty]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Do you speak Spanish ? or Valenciano ? .. If so , try searching the internet under " Mudanzas Valencia " . There are plenty of listings ( Mudanza = house moving ) . I used a service in Madrid to send the contents of my apartment to England .. they are allied to a UK but international organisation called Pickfords . The Spanish operation was highly professional and efficient . I can't recommend any of the companies in Valencia but it would be worth sending out a couple of e-mails . If you don't speak Spanish , send the e-mail in English and see if you get a reply anyway .. Just keep the language concise and simple . It would be cheaper to hire a van but , man , that would be back-breaking work to offload the container yourself !

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments