Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#63616 - 06/03/03 01:28 PM Los Huesos de Colón ("The Bones of Columbus")
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Well, they've dug him up. Columbus is on his way to Granada...or at least someone's remains are. See THIS article from Fox on the mariner's DNA testing.

I hope they find out if he's really the father of my baby, too. laugh

#63617 - 06/03/03 08:03 PM Re: Los Huesos de Colón ("The Bones of Columbus")
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Be sure to read the long-ish discussion on this topic (including Señor Tabasco's wink ever-so-clever comments) at the " Article:ChristopherColumbus ". Interesting topic.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#63618 - 06/05/03 02:00 PM Re: Los Huesos de Colón ("The Bones of Columbus")
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
MM: I tried to search for the Columbus threads, which I know I've seen and commented on in the past, but couldn't find them. Thanks for the link. I'm going to go back to school and take Message Board 101 so that I don't come off as an idiot again! wink

#63619 - 06/05/03 02:11 PM Re: Los Huesos de Colón ("The Bones of Columbus")
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
I was in Seville on October 12, 1999 (forgetting that it was our "Columbus Day") and happened to wander past the cathedral. The most amazing procession was taking place - I would swear the whole city was there. I jumped right in the middle and 'paraded' around the city then back to the cathedral where I ended up at the front of the group. Inside there was a beautiful ceremony honoring Columbus. I was right beside some very important looking men. One was the mayor I think. I will never forget that day. I hope they discover the dna is a match, for the casket and memioial inside the cathedral is GORGEOUS!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments