Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#53334 - 10/23/02 09:47 PM ETA's goal
Quintos233 Offline

Loc: Southern California
I was born in Madrid Spain and now live in Cal. I want people to understand that Spain in not very well off because of the Catalans Baque and Gibraltarians. The Basque and Catalans HAVE NEVER THANKED MADRID FOR THERE AUTONOMY NEVER! THEY ARE NEVER HAPPY THE BASQUE REMIND OF A SPOILED CHILD THAT MUST GET A TOY OR CANDY THEY ARE NEVER HAPPY SAME WITH THE CATALANS. why cant the Just face the fact that they are a part of Spain why must I feel like a freakin foreigner in my own country why does every freaking region have to be autonamus I believe the reason we have so much regionalism in Spain is because of Spains lack of authority im not going to stand and watch my country be torn to pieces by ETA.

#53335 - 10/23/02 09:59 PM Re: ETA's goal
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
I dont want to start this topic all over again rolleyes ....but although you may be correct in saying that SOME basques act/feel this way- not ALL basques act/feel this way.

#53336 - 10/27/02 03:02 PM Re: ETA's goal
El Cid d'España Offline

It's the small percentage of Ratical Nationalistic/Regionalistic Basques and Catalans who give the rest of the Basques and Catalans a bad name.

#53337 - 10/28/02 05:50 PM Re: ETA's goal
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
MadridMan, please close this thread...too much shouting...my ears hurt. I propose a moratorium on all ETA-related threads. We all have our opinions, (and everyone else's stinks but mine... ha ha... rolleyes ), and we all end up bickering.

As Fernando referred to Spain, I will refer to this board: Our beauty lies in our diversity...(regardless of whether I get a piece of candy or not!)

#53338 - 10/28/02 08:19 PM Re: ETA's goal
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
People, we've talked about ETA about a hundred times here on our message board and the end is always the same; everyone gets too excited, no one budges with their opinions, and I end up closing the thread. If you'd like to read old, closed threads, I encourage you to use the SEARCH link above/right and read them at your leisure.

ETA's a hot topic and will be for as long as they exist.

'Nuff said. Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#53339 - 10/29/02 03:15 AM Re: ETA's goal
megia Offline

Loc: Sedona, Arizona
Madridman,

before this thread becomes too heated, i'd like to state:

1. quintos, you seem very animated about this subject. why?

2. let's hear where you are coming from... what are you trying to address?

3. where in California are you?

Madridman, I'm going somewhere with this, and it's only because i've heard it before among people i know... if the thread becomes too heated, close it. if not, let's hear this guy out; he may know something (have a perspective) that we do not.

thanks,
andrew
:wq

#53340 - 10/29/02 06:54 PM Re: ETA's goal
Quintos233 Offline

1. the reason I am animated about the subject is because it seems as if people in Spain just don't want to Spanish for example Andalucia,Galicia,Basque land,catalans and gibraltar which are basically Spanish people refusing to be Spanish. If all these regions where to get autonomy what would be left of Spain then? Then who knows even more regions will follow.Its seems like the only region that doesn't want autonomy is Madrid.2 Im trying to addresse the problems Spain must face now and in the future.3.I live in southern California

I believe that Spain must unite together that is all. I also understand things have gotten better in the last few years but theres still alot of work to do and apologies to be said may Spain stay as the great nation it is now Espana una y grande.ps if this thread is closed so be it.

#53341 - 10/29/02 07:27 PM Re: ETA's goal
Quintos233 Offline

One more thing lol just had to squezz this in the word Spanish is simply latin for Iberian therefore there is nothing wrong with calling Basques and Catalans and even though we may be sperated linquisticly and culturally lets not forget we are all Iberians!

#53342 - 11/01/02 01:53 PM Re: ETA's goal
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
"España" comes from the latin word "hispania", not "Iberia". The Basques didn't roll over for the Romans [like the Cataláns did...as they have a lot in common with the French laugh ], so calling them "hispanic" in the sense that they descended from the Roman tradition in Spain is as absurd as calling me an Ojibway or Sioux Indian since I grew up in the Midwestern U.S.

It's evident that the Basques could not survive economically on their own from Spain. Culturally, they will be fine, but economically, it's a sure thing that they would go through way too much hardship to make complete separation worthwhile.

#53343 - 11/01/02 06:25 PM Re: ETA's goal
Quintos233 Offline

perhaps you are correct but nonetheless Basques are still Iberians like every one else in Spain you cant argue with that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments