Loc: Boise, Idaho
Found an interesting article on the Spanish Camper shoe company -
http://www.fastcompany.com/online/45/camper.html

Leche

#46263 - 05/08/01 10:29 PM Re: article: 'The Shoes In Spain'
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Thanks for the interesting article on Camper!!
Take note, Camper has hit the U.S., I finally saw Campers at Macy's in South Coast Plaza (Costa MEsa, CA) and Nordstrom (Walnut Creek,CA) this past month, I have a feeling these shoes are going to hit BIG!!!! At least we can say "I remember when..." wink

#46264 - 05/09/01 12:59 PM Re: article: 'The Shoes In Spain'
SusiLaGallega Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Because these Camper shoes are so popular in Spain, my cousin bought a pair of funky rust-colored urban ones last summer while vacationing in Spain. Although the shoes are very nice, he admits that they are not all comfortable for walking more than 15 minutes in! And, as I see on the website, the main motto seems to be "Hechos Para Caminar" rolleyes . Sure, they're great for walking, if you want to feel every pebble and cigarette butt you step on, according to my cousin! I admit that I would probably buy a pair because of their funky look, but if it's comfort you're looking for while walking around the cities of Spain (or any other city, for that matter!) I'd think twice about buying Campers!
My personal favourite brand of shoe in Spain is ART II boots. These last a lifetime and are comfortable if you don't mind that they're on the heavy side and very bulky-looking. I buy a new pair every time I go to Spain; here in Canada, they cost more than twice the price I pay for them in Spain! And that would probably be the case for Campers as well. eek

SusiLaGallega

#46265 - 05/09/01 02:46 PM Re: article: 'The Shoes In Spain'
mclarke Offline

Loc: Arlington, VA
When I was in Spain, I bought a pair of Campers and Flutchos. My 17-year old son prefers the Flutchos because of comfort and style; while husband likes Campers for comfort.

#46266 - 05/09/01 07:36 PM Re: article: 'The Shoes In Spain'
Castiza Offline

Loc: Madrid
I've been wearing Camper since I began High School (for 14 years). They're so confortable!. Their price is Spain goes from 9000 to 14000 pesetas depending on the model.

#46267 - 05/10/01 08:41 AM Re: article: 'The Shoes In Spain'
SusiLaGallega Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Well, this just goes to show that there are always two sides to every shoe! laugh My cousin must have gotten THE worst pair of Campers out there. He says that his have soles that are flat and thin, no contour and no cushioning for his feet to be comfortable. Anyway, I'll have to check them out when I go to Spain this summer! wink

#46268 - 05/11/01 08:53 AM Re: article: 'The Shoes In Spain'
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Wow! Talk about a leap back in time! When I was a kid the only tennis shoes that existed were made out of canvas, and they had a rubber bottom that seemed to be made from left over truck tires. To say they were uncomfortable, and got stinky in a hurry would be an understatement eek We'd wear two, often three pairs of "sweat socks" when we practiced and played basketball, so they wouldn't stink so soon, since washing them was like trying to wash a canvas cover on a truck while it's driving 70 MPH down a highway.

Now, along comes Camper... the future... which is just about a throwback to those good old days when we could have any color sneakers we wanted, as long as they were black, and had a Goodyear truck tire sole eek

Wolf (waking up in a nightmare of rubber & leather) eek

#46269 - 05/11/01 08:56 AM Re: article: 'The Shoes In Spain'
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
KINKY!!! laugh laugh You sure you don't want to delete that last line, Wolf?? Made me spill my coffee! eek

#46270 - 05/11/01 09:43 AM Re: article: 'The Shoes In Spain'
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Anchovy,

laugh

Wolf

#46271 - 05/11/01 03:04 PM Re: article: 'The Shoes In Spain'
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Anchovy & Wolf - between the two of you MM's going to win the "Best of Web Site Comedy Award".
I'm sitting here just giggling at some of your repartee .... laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments