Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#47036 - 07/05/03 05:43 AM American shops in Madrid?
TiMuN Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi there.

It's been a long time since I last visited a small shop in Serrano street, where they had original american products. After some two years, i'm now unable to find the little shop, and i'm missing it lots.

Does anyone know any other american shops in Madrid?

Thanx in advance!

#47037 - 07/05/03 09:51 AM Re: American shops in Madrid?
Espe3 Offline

There is one near the hard rock cafe on the Castellana- but if you're not careful you'll miss it!

But why, on earth, are you going to Spain to look for AMERICAN shops?! eek :o

#47038 - 07/05/03 10:10 AM Re: American shops in Madrid?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I think the American store to which you're referring is:

Madrid's Taste of America
address/info is:
C/ Serrano, 149
28002 - Madrid

Telephone: 91 - 562 16 32
Fax: 91 - 562 02 78

I think they've moved in the last year or two so maybe it's in a different place than you expected (?). They used to have a website but seems they've taken it off.

Good luck!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#47039 - 07/05/03 04:56 PM Re: American shops in Madrid?
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Espe --

After reading Timun´s post, I get the impression that s/he lives here in Spain and has a hankering for American food... after being here for 2.5 years myself, that´s completely understandable...fortunately for me I have a steady stream of visitors that keep my Bisquick and Jif supplies healthy! wink

#47040 - 07/06/03 07:46 AM Re: American shops in Madrid?
TiMuN Offline

Thanx a lot guys, i'll try and search for that store at Castellana. I've been having lunch at Chicago's recently and i did miss it. frown

Chica, you are right. I used to buy some stuff at Taste of America (thanx MadridMan, that was the store i was looking for), and i knew there were some other american shops in Madrid i should know of.

This was the place to post my question, and it turned out to be populated by nice helping people. Thanx. :p

#47041 - 07/06/03 09:16 AM Re: American shops in Madrid?
Espe3 Offline

mmmmmm Yup, MM, I don't make the visit there often- only if I'm going out to the campo for a bbq and want to bring some marshmellows! :p

Other than that... Chica, I can see that someone would want some food from back home... but now so many of the products have made it into mainstream supermarkets smile I'd take a peek there also to see what they have!

#47042 - 12/19/04 12:44 AM Re: American shops in Madrid?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
"The American Store" (web: http://www.theamericanstore.es/ ) is located on Paseo San Francisco de Sales 3 . 28003, Madrid
Tel. 91 544 27 03.

Oddly enough, at least to me, their website is ONLY in Spanish! eek

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#47043 - 12/19/04 03:18 PM Re: American shops in Madrid?
MedicalMan Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
We had a fall festival at my kids school in October(American school of Madrid) and "A taste of America" and "the American Store" had booths there. Pop Tarts were 7 Euros a box! Prices are very expensive for American products in these stores but they do have items not available anywhere else.

#47044 - 10/13/05 02:30 PM Re: American shops in Madrid?
midvale Offline

Loc: Madrid: Arguelles
Taste of America´s website still works, and here it is: http://www.tasteofamerica.es/

#47045 - 10/14/05 06:48 AM Re: American shops in Madrid?
Chica Offline
Executive Member

VIPS also carries a small line of American products. Last time I was there they had pop-tarts, pancake syrup (not any national brand I was familiar with...probably was regional) and Duncan Hines (or was it Betty Crocker) mixes.

These I all saw at the VIPS on Sor Angela de la Cruz/Orense.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments