Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#47589 - 08/09/05 11:40 PM Movistar SIM use outside of Spain?
AnnK Offline

Loc: Berkeley, CA
We have a Movistar SIM card with about 25 euros on it. We will be going to the Netherlands, Czech Republic, and Paris. We plan on light use for the phone: SMS to tell my sisters that their sons are fine, occasional "I'll be late" messages, and so on. So it is not efficient to buy a new SIM card for each place. I'd like to use up the Spanish SIM card, and may not be back to Spain for years.

We have the Movistar booklet, but my Spanish is poor--I can make out sentences, but cannot skim a booklet, or understand conditionals much.

If I prefix calls with the right international codes, can I call a place in the Netherlands on my Spanish mobile, in the same way that I use an area code when I am in, say, NYC calling NYC from my Berkeley phone? Do I need to do something to "roam", like in the early days in the US?

Any information appreciated.

#47590 - 08/10/05 09:52 AM Re: Movistar SIM use outside of Spain?
JasMadrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
I'm a movistar user, although it's not prepaid. You can use it all over Europe, all you have to do is call Movistar (dial 609 from your cell phone) and tell them to activate the roaming service.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments