Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#47564 - 07/08/05 11:09 AM Lladro - where to get it?
el tio Offline

Loc: Portland, Oregon
We will be visiting Spain and no doubt, will be picking up at least one piece of the Lladro porcelain. We will be going through Valencia - where Lladro is made - but wasn't sure if it's cheaper in Valencia vs. other parts of Spain; or if it's just as cheap to buy it here in the US.

Any thoughts? thanks

#47565 - 07/08/05 05:03 PM Re: Lladro - where to get it?
meencantaespana Offline

cheaper in spain...i bought a piece that was a last one collectors item for only $150 which here it would be like double that

#47566 - 07/12/05 08:15 AM Re: Lladro - where to get it?
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Hi El Tío.. prices are definitely much cheaper in Spain than in the US. But, there isn't much difference in price between buying your pieces in Valencia or any other Spanish city.

However, if you go to Tavernes Blanques, the town where the actual Lladró factory is (just outside of Valencia city), there is a small factory outlet store/museum where they sell slightly imperfect Lladró pieces for almost 50% off the retail price. I have bought all the pieces for my mother at that store. In most cases, the imperfections are scarcely noticeable.
I just pulled the address from the Lladro website.

Carretera de Alboraya s/n
Tavernes Blanques (Valencia)
Telf: 96 318 7008
museo-lladro@es.lladro.com

There are buses that go there which leave from the Plaza de Ayuntamiento in Valencia City.

Happy shopping!

#47567 - 07/13/05 01:26 PM Re: Lladro - where to get it?
Leche Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
I can also recommend the Lladro seconds shop. And this will ship worldwide from there as well.

#47568 - 07/14/05 03:35 PM Re: Lladro - where to get it?
el tio Offline

Loc: Portland, Oregon
Thanks you all - that is exactly the information I was looking for - the 2nd hand shop it is!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments