Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#47116 - 01/18/04 07:03 AM Madrid: eyeglasses?
almohada Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hello,
Anyone out there have a recommendation for a good but relatively inexpensive place to pick up a pair of eyeglasses? Any chance I can have prescription glasses sent here from the US without incurring the wrath of la aduana and such?

Gracias!

#47117 - 02/10/04 06:47 PM Re: Madrid: eyeglasses?
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
I don't think you will have custom problems for receving glasses. Nevertheless, in Madrid, I can reccomend Visionlab.

They have several stores in which they'll take a look to your eyes (european optic prescriptions are different than american) you can choose glass frame and they'll craft the lenses. The whole procees can take around 2 hours.

#47118 - 02/11/04 06:34 AM Re: Madrid: eyeglasses?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I 'second' Nativo concerning European eyeglass prescriptions. So you'll probably be better off if you go someplace where there is at least an Optometrist.

I don't think Visionlab existed when I was living in Madrid - I always used Cottet. They have several opticos in Madrid - the one I went to was on c/Serrano, about 100m north of Goya.

#47119 - 02/25/04 04:28 PM Re: Madrid: eyeglasses?
Beach Offline

I was thinking of maybe picking up some frames while in Madrid so my question is - do shops sell frames without lenses or would they think that's a really strange request? And, what are the odds of an employee of one of these stores speaking english well enough for me to communicate my intentions?
=)

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments