Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#45983 - 08/22/00 12:15 AM Baby Strollers by Jane
Rubia66 Offline

Loc: Webb City, Missouri USA
When we lived in Spain, we got the most wonderful baby stroller by a company very well known in Spain called "Jane"
I am trying to obtain additional pieces, and can't seem to locate any info on the internet. Can someone help me?

#45984 - 08/22/00 10:04 AM Re: Baby Strollers by Jane
Angela Offline

Rubia66,
I also have one of those wonderful strollers. My kids don't need it anymore (my youngest one is 8), but I like it so much, I couldn't bear to sale it. What model do you have?
If you want to find Jane,you can visit their page @ www.jane.es However, they don't have any sales information there.
You can also email them @ info@jane.es

#45985 - 08/22/00 10:58 AM Re: Baby Strollers by Jane
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Hi, Moms!!

My wonderful Spanish stroller was hit by a car in the underground parking garage at the Princesa Corte Ingles (yes, my daughter was in it, but was not hurt), and the wheels were never the same. I no longer have it, but the memories.....!! Those things are fantastic!

I can't resist changing the topic a little bit. Were your kids born in Spain? Did you have them there as babies/toddlers? Mine were born in Madrid, in the Clinica Belen (such an appropriate name), and I raised them through babyhood / toddlerhood like Spanish children, eating the typical foods all Spanish babies eat at the exact same time as all Spanish children, they went to a Spanish guarderia, where they were loved and pampered to pieces...

Just this morning, before checking these boards, I was thinking for the millionth time how glad I am that I had my children in Madrid, where I as a mom, and they as small children, had such a perfect life. If we all continued to eat homemade papillas according to the same recipes all the Spanish pediatricians give, we'd probably all be healthier! And the paseos, and the parks... Anyway, I just had to get that out!

#45986 - 08/23/00 01:14 AM Re: Baby Strollers by Jane
Rubia66 Offline

Loc: Webb City, Missouri USA
I no longer have the stroller as it was quite an attention grabber, and it was stollen right off our property (broad daylight) in Las Vegas. Thank God my baby wasn't in it, although, I'm pretty certain it was the stroller they wanted. It was light green and blue, I had all the stuff, the bed, extra pads, matching umbrellas, boot, and the rain slicker. It was beatiful. I may add to my crew here, but if I do, I want one of those strollers!
My children were not born in Spain, but we took my daugther there when she was one. I really swear I did not see her for about a week. Spaniards LOVE babies, and she came back happy, and content, and well fed! She also came back smelling like Nenuco para ninos. Along with some adorable clothes, you know they spare no expense when it comes to their children! I would like to take my kids back now, ages 12 and 9, but there never seems to be a good time as they are both heavily involved in travelling sports. Hopefully soon. Thanks for the website info, I'm going there now!

#45987 - 08/24/00 12:59 PM Re: Baby Strollers by Jane
Angela Offline

Diana,
My son was born here in the states, but we moved to Spain when he was a baby. My daughter was born in Madrid.
They were both raised the spanish way (hey, what else can I do, I'm a spaniard).
They eat the homemade papillas, went to spanish guarderias, and smelled of nenuco cologne (my 8 year old daughter still does).
Even after we moved back to the states, I'm still raising them the spanish way as much as I can (food, language, education, values etc).
And even now, they still beg for homemade "papilla de frutas", and whenever they're not feeling well they ask for a bowl of "maizena".

#45988 - 08/24/00 12:59 PM Re: Baby Strollers by Jane
Angela Offline

By the way, since this thread is about strollers, and I don't want to be flamed for changing subjects...
Rubia66, if you can't find Jane strollers in the states, you may want to try Chicco, Peg Perego or Maclaren. They have some strollers very similar to Jane.
See? It was about strollers after all

[This message has been edited by Angela (edited 08-24-2000).]

#45989 - 08/24/00 07:21 PM Re: Baby Strollers by Jane
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Hi, again! I'm going to be really awful - i can't help myself - and change the topic again! Gosh, we still eat papilla de fruta, too! And when alguien se marea, out comes the infusión de manzanilla. The first year we were in the States I sent my daughter to school one day with a few legañas en el ojo, and a small tupperware container of manzanilla to wipe her eye with. I know from experience that it clears up eyes faster than anything - they always had it on hand in the guarderia - but here, no way! She was sent straight home and told to go to the doctor. Oh, well.

Since I have not met a single Spaniard here since I moved to Pennsylvania, I love hearing that there are others like me who are raising their children in the US as Spaniards. It gets a bit lonely! Thanks for your posts! We can go back to strollers now

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments