Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#89377 - 03/31/11 05:53 AM MADRID - Gents Barber with ENGLISH
OurManInBananas Offline

Hi,

Can anyone suggest or recommend a gents barber for a simple short back and sides haircut where they speak enough English for me to avoid a Justin Beiber style (or worse)?

I speak virtually no Spanish yet - in Vietnam I used to just make a buzzing sound for the electric trimmer, and show a length using my fingers, but I'm hoping for a bit more than a crew cut here in Europe!

I live in Laguna, but anywhere in the Center will be great...

Thanks
Philip

Edited by OurManInBananas (03/31/11 05:59 AM)
Edit Reason: spelling, and extra info

#89388 - 04/01/11 06:32 AM Re: MADRID - Gents Barber with ENGLISH [Re: OurManInBananas]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I used to use Marco Aldany ( many branches in the city ) .. I just had them use the razor ( máquina ) .. number 4 all over . The staff are predominantly Latinas . They do a good job of such a simple haircut and are friendly . I seem to remember it costing me something like €8.50 . Alternatively , you could always find a photo of yourself with required style/length of hair and show it to them ( I did that once in my early days in Madrid , terrified I ws going to be butchered , and it worked a dream ) .

#89409 - 04/06/11 05:27 PM Re: MADRID - Gents Barber with ENGLISH [Re: steve robinson]
OurManInBananas Offline

thanks Steve...in the end that's what I did, razor number 4, scissors short on top!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments