Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#47839 - 07/18/07 11:34 AM Cell phone rental
joycenj Offline

I was just sent a link thru my booking with Aerocity for cell phone rental www.onspanishtime.com. Has anyone ever heard of this website? Any other suggestions for cell phones for my 10 day visit to Spain?
Thank you!

#47840 - 08/04/07 12:04 AM Re: Cell phone rental
00chris Offline

I recently studied abroad in Spain for 6 months. It was cheaper for me to buy a prepaid phone (móvil de prepago) once in Spain than to rent a phone before I left. I bought my prepaid phone at an Orange store for around 39 euros. I then put money on it as I needed it (calls cost me 18 euro cents per minute). I don't know what you'd pay to rent a phone through that company, but if you travel frequently to spain it may be more economical to buy your own phone and add money (saldo) as you need it. I still have my phone and will use it when I go back to Spain in December.

#47841 - 08/28/07 10:11 AM Re: Cell phone rental
ceb Offline

Loc: USA
Have you checked with Amena? This site might be helpful for you: http://www.spainsim.com/amenacallcards.htm

#47842 - 09/06/07 02:51 PM Re: Cell phone rental
LizG Offline

Loc: near Washington, DC
Hi OOchris,

Can you tell me more about the Orange store? Where would you find them in Spain? I will be studying there for a month and it might be worth it to me too. Also do you remember how many minutes you got with your initial purchase of the phone?

Thanks!

Liz

#47843 - 10/25/07 09:07 PM Re: Cell phone rental
SalaChic Offline

Loc: Trumansburg, NY
Amena changed it's name and is now called Orange. Their website is www.orange.es They have different deals going all the time so you'll have to check when you get there. But I use them because the minutes on the phone are good for a year, so my tel# and minutes are still valid when I get back next time.

#47844 - 11/20/07 01:11 AM Re: Cell phone rental
00chris Offline

Hey liz... sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. Orange stores are located all throughout spain. Other companies such as movistar also carry prepaid cell phones like the one I'm talking about. You can check out orange's website at: http://www.orange.es (in spanish). Hope that helps!

#47845 - 11/25/07 09:55 PM Re: Cell phone rental
gobears Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I have the same question. Is the person from the website in the first post reliable? Is this a good deal? I will be in Madrid for 10 days only but have some friends I'd like to call, and having a phone would be the most convenient. Or would it be cheaper to just buy a cheap phone with some prepaid time? Thank you.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 925 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments