Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#47062 - 09/19/03 12:28 PM Madrid/Seville: buying a cell phone
knews9 Offline

Loc: ny
hello.
i've read the various posts on cell phones in spain and it seems the most economical route is to buy a prepaid cell phone.
i would love to be able to do this inside of madrid barajas airport--does anyone know if there is a shop within the airport?
else does anyone know of a place in seville they can recommend?
thanks,
karen
p.s. i will be travelling sept. 30-nov. 4 throughout spain and need a cheap cheap phone.
regards,
kn

#47063 - 09/19/03 04:31 PM Re: Madrid/Seville: buying a cell phone
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Im not sure of places in Madrid, or Sevilla (some places in granada though). There are places to buy cell phones within the Madrid Barajas airport. However, I think that they are priced much higher than other places. Id shop around first!! smile
Kelly

#47064 - 09/27/03 01:18 PM Re: Madrid/Seville: buying a cell phone
Flymistr Offline

Loc: Atlanta
I am in Sevilla now and I bought my phone from a company called Amena. They are cell phones stores on every corner here so it is not hard to find one. It is a reasonably priced company. My particular phone was 100 euros and came with a 50 euro card but there was cheaper phones and more expensive ones.

Anyway, My rate is 12 cents a minute for afternoons and weekends but more expensive during the day. I am in school during the day so that didn´t bother me. There are other plans you can choose from as well.

Good luck. If you have a more specific question let me know.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments