Easy Peasy Spanish Recipes?

Posted by: listener042

Easy Peasy Spanish Recipes? - 09/19/10 11:48 AM

The family is getting excited about our upcoming trip, I'd like to kick it up a notch with some easy spanish recipes that use commonly available foods (not pork please, difficult to get here)..... anyone got anything beyond tortilla espanola? Even a basic salid dressing would be interesting..... What do Spanish people whip up when they are in a hurry?
Posted by: Puna

Re: Easy Peasy Spanish Recipes? - 09/19/10 12:59 PM

MM - Can you help?

I've just tried to find recipes posted by Fernando and a few others - maybe 5 years ago. All the recipes were very simple and very good!

Thanks
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Easy Peasy Spanish Recipes? - 09/20/10 03:14 AM

Fernando posted his recipe for Gazpacho in the An excellent Gazpacho recipe thread in 2002.

One can also search the word "RECIPE" here in this "Food, Drink, & Entertainment" forum category, using the "ADVANCED" search function, designating you want results "Newer than: 10 Years". The search limit, unfortunately, is 10 years - which is already (now passed) how long the message board has been online. You can also conduct a Username search, placing "Fernando", for example, in the "Display Name Search" field and selecting the span of time you'd like to search.

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Easy Peasy Spanish Recipes? - 09/20/10 01:56 PM

Listener024 - Give this a try as per MM's instructions. Along with gazpacho there were recipes for patatas bravas and a bunch of other things. As I recall three or four people were adding to the collection so you should be well prepared for your visit to Spain smile

Re: Easy Peasy Spanish Recipes? - 09/20/10 02:27 PM

Graaaaaaaaciaaaasssssss

Re: Easy Peasy Spanish Recipes? - 09/20/10 03:48 PM

I just went poking around a bit - stuck on phone for work and really wanting a vino and something to eat --- this was the next best thing

http://www.madridman.com/forum/ubbthread...=true#Post31642

I ended up using a couple of these recipes for the event in question and have used others over the years.

Re: Easy Peasy Spanish Recipes? - 09/21/10 12:23 AM

aha, love the bit where you say NO MORE TORTILLA ESPANOLA

:-D