Madrid: Feria de la Tapa?

Posted by: Marisa419

Madrid: Feria de la Tapa? - 06/03/09 12:27 PM

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone had ever been to the Feria de la Tapa in the past. Is it worth going to?

Here is the ad for it...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jlastras/3589880271/
Posted by: steve robinson

Re: Feria de la Tapa - 06/04/09 03:11 AM

I really want to go this time , but have never been before . I live just a 10 minute walk from palacio de los deportes and in previous years the queues have been immense .. so you´ll have to bear that in mind . I´m guessing that the huge queues mean that it´s definitely worth going to .
Posted by: MadridMan

Madrid: Feria de la Tapa - 06/04/09 03:42 AM

It's tempting to go but the thought of long lines (to get in - and then lines for the tapas and drinks) and hordes of people bunched together doesn't really "call my attention" ("no llama la atención"). I think I'd much rather have tapas at the bars.

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: steve robinson

Re: Madrid: Feria de la Tapa - 06/04/09 07:54 AM

And for those who don´t know why it´s called "tapa" ( Lid ) then Marisa´s post of the advertising is perfect .. That´s where the word came from in the old days when they´d serve you a drink with una tapa on top .
Posted by: Marisa419

Re: Madrid: Feria de la Tapa - 06/04/09 04:12 PM

Thanks for the advice! I didn't know if it was a big event or not.

If either of you are thinking of going, let me know!
Posted by: pedmar

Re: Madrid: Feria de la Tapa - 06/06/09 03:55 PM

That glass looks good, the name is great, and whats inside is sublime. If they have every year, I would be tempted to go next time....
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Madrid: Feria de la Tapa - 06/11/09 05:38 AM

Well, the Feria de la Tapa has passed. Did ANYONE go, afterall? If so, please give your impressions about the food, prices, lines, cleanliness of bathrooms, etcetera. Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan